View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Airhoss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

XHooker wrote..
You also neglect to mention the crap shoot nature of airline hiring.
Airhoss wrote...
Some of these kiddies don't realize how much luck there is in regards to picking the winning the airline career lottery ticket.
The plain English translation of what I said was airline hiring and career expectations are a total crap shoot, luck of the draw ETC ETC... Some of the Jr. guys who have had nothing but career progression and good luck just don't understand that...Yet.

Cheers,

We are on the same page but apparently my "poetic prose" wasn't understood in the way I was trying to put it forth.

In regards to the Usair merger attempt and before that the the AWA merger attempt. Back in those days things were rolling right along. I was a line holding 777F/O back then with three or four years seniority just waiting for my captains bid to activate. Nothing but blue sky and sunshine ahead, what could possibly go wrong!?! To tell you the truth I don't recall the subject of a negative outcome for me even being a remote possibility at the time. I guess I didn't truly understand the ramifications back then and it never even got close to becoming a reality from an operational standpoint.

That was the truth of the matter for me anyway.