View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 03:21 PM
AirGunner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: King of somewhere hot....

Originally Posted by KC10 FATboy View Post
Without accounting for height, this requirement is a joke. And the USAF leadership knows it but they don't the testicular fortitude to fix it. And this is the same leadership who gives me a coke, candy bar, bologne sandwhich, and a bag of chips for a 14 hour mission over Afghanistan.
I agree that the requirement and methodology for the height/weight standard is flawed. And as you have said, until folks in the upper leadership have the testicular fortitude to fix it, these situations will continue to happen. I, for one, am glad to see the "standard" applied fairly in this situation. I got really tired of seeing some folks, who were BTW some of the finest, highly decorated combat aircrew/pilots that I have flown with in CSAR, get booted over the waist standard....even though they aced everything else on the test. There is too much of a what applies to CGO's/NCO's doesn't apply to FGO's/SNCO's philosophy in the AD side of Air Force today. So, based upon exclusively the issue of fairness, I'm glad the descison was made...even though I don't agree with the rationale behind it or sympathize with the individual.