Old 03-23-2007, 03:50 AM
flyguyniner11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by fatmike69 View Post
It used to be that if you went through a security checkpoint at the beginning of your shift and flew your whole day, at say, SFO, that at the end of your shift you would be allowed to proceed directly to the gate of your flight to jumpseat or deadhead home. Now the rules require that at the end of your shift, you must exit security, only to re-enter security right away to be re-screened. This is just absurd. Hypothetically, if you had something that you didn't want TSA to find, you would just leave it somewhere in the secure are before you get re-screened (on the airplane, in the crew lounge, etc.). I really see no purpose for this new rule whatsoever, other than to inconvenience flight crews.
exactly and how are they going to know if you need to be rescreened, i dont see too many TSA people down at the gates, and with all the crew memebers walking around how are they going to keep track of who was screened, whos working and whos commuting? it seems ubserd and i think they'll have a tough time enforcing it