View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:09 AM
Check 6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 777

Originally Posted by nakazawa View Post
SIRS -

I think the key is - it takes NO 767 pilots to man the 767. NONE. NADA. The 767 can be manned with 757 pilots and differences training. This LOA offers a cryptic formula based on SCH that the Company can control and manipulate to pay WB pay and build 767 trips at their discretion. I would say there are no guarantees. The Company will do everything they can to minimize their expenses. That's what companies do. It's just business. If you're all good with that, the voting decision is easy.

Why would we even need a 767 bid? During your next training cycle you get differences training and you're good to go. Talk about a HUGE cost savings to the Company. In fact, preserving seniority would be easily accomplished with just one equipment crew list, with all crews qualified on both.

When you fly, your ACARS knows what jet you're in - it goes to crew pay - and it's all done. Nice, neat, and sanitary. You get WB pay when you deserve it, the rest of the time you're sitting on NB pay.

Very Respectfully,
Nakazawa
I am firmly in the 32% camp...even have the bag tags to prove it! But I am confused by most of this.....I think the above quote says it all. This LOA is only one I have seen that I think is good for us. If you are on the 76 you get all the pay your seniority entitles you too. If you are on the 75 you get what you are entitled to with the added bonus of making WB pay once in awhile.
I think if we turn this down the deal will be much worse. Not a scare tactic. It's just that the Co can have all flying done by one group.....everything, vacation, reserve, etc at NB pay and only a difference pay when you actually fly a 76 trip....which is what most other CO's do now.....
I have already voted....
I hope everyone votes...YES or NO...but Vote!