View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post

So, your point here was related to the following point about pay delay? If so, isn't Pilot 2 above still getting credit for his 767 trips? (just two weeks later than the 767 lineholders). It seems a bit alarmist to try to describe this situation the way your do.

No, that wasn't the point. You mentioned the issue of delayed pay as a question to my post, and I responded by agreeing that delayed pay is indeed an issue. It's not the biggest issue, but it is a real issue. I gave simplistic, extreme examples (all B-767 flying vs. no B-767 flying) to make the explanation easier, but in all likelihood there won't be a single B-757 pilot getting an entire month of B-767 trips, but several B-757 pilots getting a morsel of B-767 flying here and there. The fact that their pay is delayed is only one issue; the CORE issue is that they are paid DIFFERENTLY even if they do the SAME work. If they fly less than a full bid period of B-767 flights, they get paid LESS than their B-767 peers who fly less than a full bid period of B-767 flights

That puts those "B-767 pilots" on a scale that is below that of other B-767 pilots. That's what I mean by "Purple B-scale."