View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:36 AM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
We're in Section 6 negotiations, it is not out of the question to negotiate work rules. There will be no Section 26.K. arbitration -- we already agree it's a wide-body airplane.
Here is where you and I disagree. Yes we are in Section 6.
Yes our Current contract is valid until amended.

Section 26 K. is still valid and barring a quick conclusion to Section 6 ( a quick Ratifiable Conclusion that is, I don't see a quick Ratifiable Contract), even if this LOA is voted down, before the Company posts and begins to operate the 767.

Further, until this LOA is signed, WE have not Agreed that the 767 is a wide body. The Company's offer was it is in the NB bid pack and only paid an override only when operated, mixed 757/767 trips would not pay for entire trip just for the wide body leg. The Company can say they only agreed to it per the terms of the LOA, and if we vote it down, it is back to the drawing board. mostly section 26K since the company can say we tried but no deal is reached. Then they just do what they want and we leave it up to an Arbitrator or now have to negotiate back what we already had in this LOA. But I predict back to Section 26K because I do not see Section 6 Concluding (JMHO) until Peak of this year at the very earliest and 767's will be flying one way or another this August.

I agree with you. The company will exploit the LOA to their advantage just like they will exploit any future CBA we ratify. Either way is a Gamble, We could do it your way in hopes of something better, but with the current 26 K language and historical Membership support I don't like our Odds. I think we are better off cutting our losses and getting this issue concluded. One less thing to address when the Bigger ticket items are discussed in the next rounds. Negotiations is give and take and if the Membership doesn't or won't support the NC it is more give and less take for us. Just look at open time are there any DP's left? I think you and I agree on that point.