Thread: B2
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:15 AM
AZFlyer
Custom User Title

Joined APC: Feb 2007

I read somewhere recently that China accounts for about 70% of NKs foreign trade business, where as NK barely provides 1% of China's. Economically, I don't see how losing ties with NK would harm China in the least, and the Chinese probably feel the same way.

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR
I believe that China wants to play on the world stage now. They know that they need to play by the world's rules when talking about something SO drastic. They are *bending* to world standards more and more as time moves on and they see the benefit of being in the good graces of global economics.
Agreed. Being a global economic power now, China will not risk losing that status by taking up arms against the ROK/US and its allies.

I do agree with previous statements that China would not want to deal with having an American ally directly on its border, and that the NK refugees would almost certainly go north into China.

The North Korean army is indeed quite massive, but being malnourished, poorly trained, and poorly equipped, they won't last long. They do have a LOT of missiles and a LOT of boots on the ground. Not much for a Navy or Air Force. They would quickly lose control of the air and sea above and around their country.