Thread: Mesa
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:54 PM
sulkair
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

A few positives just for fun.

#1) Training

I don't know how to compare our training department to others because I've only been here, but after 10 years here, many years in the Navy and in other professional fields I am continually impressed with the degree of professionalism that the individual instructors, examiners and check-airmen exude. With rare exception they have always been extremely competent, understanding, helpful, and enjoyable.

Strangely whenever I've been in the pipeline for a transition (3 different a/c over 2 different certificates) or upgrade, or recurrent. I absolutely feel like I'm at a different company. Hell even ASAP remedial was a pleasure - sorry it's true!

You will have a solid training experience here, no doubt about it!

#2)

Chief Pilots out west are phenomenal! (Can't speak to the ones out east) These guys work their asses off for the pilot group. In many cases their hands are tied, but they persist in trying to do the right thing and are extremely fair. They are not out to get you, and are real pilot's pilots, (experienced pilots from the old school). We're dang lucky to have them, and most of us know it!

#3)

Down to earth professional crews who work hard, fly well, and act like decent human beings to one another and the people they come in contact with i.e. station personnel. Sounds mushy but we're all beat up and we know it, the only thing we truly have is each other, and so we tend to protect it, for sanity's sake.

#4)

A fleet of big RJ's.

#5)

Electronic Flight Bag! Yes, i know we have to pay for the Ipad ourselves but I don't mind because this is huge

#6)

Very good on-time/completion numbers which hopefully translates into extended contracts and future business. Please see #3 for the reason behind this.

This is not Koolaid guys. Trust me, I'm a big critic of this place, but I also know good things when I see them, and what I've mentioned in this post is the truly good, and not the only good, there is more, but this stands out for me.

Last edited by sulkair; 03-30-2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added #5 and 6