Thread: Mesa
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 03:24 PM
skillett
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: South Paw

Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
Yep, skillett - I'm the same age, and in the same exact boat. Downgrade, two small children. Point about Micky D's well taken, and I agree. This sucks bad and I feel stuck!

But... If I'm honest... Out of a new-hire class of well over 30, myself and only one other pilot are still at Mesa. Half dozen of them are now at Southwest. Half dozen at Virgin. Another half dozen at Jet Blue, I think one got on at Alaska. The rest are at Emirates, Atlas, you name it.

Point is I have no-one to blame but myself and I know it. Should have flown more, (not always bid CML reserve) should have knocked out that degree in the hotel rooms (at least you got that under your belt), should have upgraded earlier, should have been an instructor, check airman. Should have shook more hands, made more friends, and on and on.

What will become of us guys who are too old to start over yet still young enough to hope for a shot at a good airline job? Don't know but I'm as discouraged as you are trust me.

It'll get better next year right?
I had a huge nice comment but the internet kicked me off, argh. In short version. Thanks for the nice comment, I'm getting a headache from posting bad things and it's not my style. Great people here at Mesa, training department, chief pilots and pilots. A few of the flight attendants are questionable though, hehe. Come to Mesa but if you are feeling abused get out. I was a captain for five years and did not want to make a lateral move. I was playing the waiting game but I'm done waiting. Corporate, Allegiant, Virgin or Emirates, I don't care, it's time to go. I hit 40 last week and it's time to make some money. Mesa has become a better place to work but is ran by ingorant narcissistic douchebags and there orders are sent via crewtrac and scheduling. It's the same thing going on with all of corporate america but that is another post rant. Anyway, weather is great, surf is up and my lady is looking sexy today. Happy Easter!

Last edited by skillett; 03-31-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: misspell