Thread: Mesa
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 08:51 AM
sidestep
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: F0

Originally Posted by GearMover View Post

Waianae THEN tell the world all you know about renting in Hawaii.
As a haole who lived on Oahu for 8 years - GOOD LUCK in Waianae! You can get cheap rent in South Central L.A., but it doesn't mean its a viable option. Salt Lake is a MUCH better option, but the rule of thumb on Oahu is for anything decent it is $1000 per room. ($2000/2br, $3000/3br)

do feel bad for you having to fill out up to 48 weight and balances a week for only $36,000 a year. I’m sure the person who has come into your TDY hotel room pick up your dirty towels and clean the tub feels bad for you filling out 48 pieces of paper a week. I know the rookie cop who may get shot every time he/she pulls over a car feels bad you have so much paperwork to do. I’m sure the CFI who flying with a bunch of foreign students feels horrible for you too.
Coming from an airline pilot, this kind of argument is really scary. Do I expect sympathy from a maid/cop/cfi, no. But after $40,000+ in out of pocket training costs I absolutely expect to be better compensated than one. Don't you?!

So you came to Mesa, a place that has a Hawaii base and you may get based there as a junior Captain and it’s the companies fault

Go! Has only been operating since since June 2006. There are quite a few F.O.s (right around the upgrade line) that were hired prior to go! starting..