Old 04-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Timbo
Runs with scissors

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .

Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
if its just one, usually no, they wont. If there are multiple aircraft complaining, and refusing to take it, they will make the change (as it was the case today).

Ajax, how long have you been in the EWR tower? The reason I ask, many years ago, like 1979-81, I flew in and out of there quite a bit, and there was a guy named Bill in the tower who worked the night shift. Great guy, Loved working with him. Do you know what ever happened to him? I remember they would put a lit up Christmas Tree on the balcony of the tower every year too.

We were always coming down from Boston in a turbo prop hauling cancelled checks, 4 nights a week M-Th, into EWR about 9pm, down the east river at 3,000', go to the Statue make a right for 29, taxi to Buttocks Aggravation (Butler Aviation), fill up, get our clearance on the fly and roll off 29 again for Detroit. On the way back at 5am, it was "Go to the Bud Plant" for 11, quick turn again, and on our way back to Boston.

I'm guessing Bill must have retired many years ago, I hope he is well. If you do talk to him, tell him "Happy Heineken" said Hi.