View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 05:54 PM
XtremeF150
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: M88B

Originally Posted by sflpilot View Post
Deadhead is not off duty when you are on a 121 flight listed as crew. If it is off duty and it's at the end of a trip with no more duty for 8, 10, 12 hrs. whatever then why not just have a few alcoholic drinks on the flight to unwind (after unifom shirt is changed) since you apparently are not on duty. Try that and see what happens; you won't like the results.
Alright, I think EVERYONE is missing something here it is DUTY however, The length of duty makes NO difference to the FAA as long as you are not a required crewmember. PLEASE TELL ME HOW ONE OF YOU REGIONAL GUYS ARE A REQUIRED CREWMEMBER ON THE MAINLINE FLIGHT THAT YOU ARE dh'ING ON.

I guess if you guys get delayed on the taxi out you are going to tell the flight attendant that you need to speak to the CA on that 767 and tell him to return to the gate because YOU are not legal to take off for the DH....Let me tell you how hard that crew will be laughing at you.

If you fly 7.5 hours then DH to complete a 17 hour duty day, it doesn't matter because it was on the end of the day. however if you were sceduled to fly in the morning they might have to push your showtime back to make legal rest BEFORE you take the controls of a 121 flight....But guess what if it is a 91 repo then they can ask you to fly it as well. I know at Mesa we can turn it down till we have at least 8 hours rest but the FAA doesn't care.

I know this is frustrating but all I can say is call up your POI and ask him how long you can DH and see if he says anything about it.