View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 AM
syd111
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: B-777 left

Originally Posted by Sunvox View Post
Wow Syd, you are one pessimistic dude , but did you know that the company and the CAL/MEC lost 2 grievances pertaining to the profit sharing "grab", and the award is yet to come.

On a more relevant note, I urge everyone to stop getting upset about this. As I mentioned earlier the only aspect of the CAL list worth noting is the fact they felt it would be ok to put furloughed pilots ahead of active pilots and that is quite significant. You know, I know, Mr. Katz knows that this list is absolute balderdash and just part of the theatrics. The sad part is I now see how much of a waste of time this whole process is. Both sides relevant arguments could have been made in an hour or less with no need to go into tedious details surrounding hire dates, equipment specifics, corporate financials, etc etc. It's unfortunate we have to wait 'til late summer to put this behind us because I don't see any game changing revelations coming from either side so the panel could easily come up with a list tomorrow if they wanted to, but c'est la vie I guess
Only when it comes to the airline business Joe and a certain union looking out for our best interest, the rest of the life all good.

Like I said I hope I get to say boy was I wrong but I guess we will see. Planning to be gone in 2 so where I sit probably not a big deal, just don't want the ual side hammered and when I see so many ual guys that seem to think it will all work our in some fair manner I just shake my head.