View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 06:07 AM
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC

Originally Posted by VSTOLG4 View Post
A few months ago I was issued a ticket for roughly $800 and the pairing was roughly $500. I deviated and sent the travel dept a fax of the $800 ticket email they purchased for me (prior to the deviation) and long story short I did get the increased $800 bank. Maybe it all depends on who you deal with on the phone...but I agree that the system should be fixed.
Originally Posted by olly View Post
take a screen shot of your pairing & forward it & the email invoice from global travel to the Sig & your block rep.

The union needs hard quantitative data on the degree of variance and frequency of the accepted fare discrepancies. I recall them mentioning that they want to build a database so there can be queries by city pair, date etc,

Without "proof", the company can just write it off as anecdotal one-of situations. Over the past year about 40% of my deadhead accepted fares are actually purchased for 130-155% of the accepted fare.
VSTOLG4 - it would be good if you could do the same - screen shots/email to ALPA

according to the company over the past several years, your scenario NEVER happens (NEVER did, NEVER will....."not how we have ever done it")

consider yourself extremely lucky if this actually occurred, but don't expect it to ever happen again until/unless we can negotiate a change to the Accepted Fare process.