Thread: Leaving Riddle
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 05:14 PM
taylorjets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Admiral's club lounge

I agree... I went to a tech school and transfered to a liberal arts college. I found the experience to be much more enjoyable. Lynn University and Jacksonville University are both good schools, and they offer a wide range social activities. You can also get quality flight instruction... just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Uncle Bose View Post
Regional minimums are already low. Too low, many would say. Is the possibility of getting to that regional with "little to no hours" worth the $12,745/semester cost of attending ERAU? Not in the least. Sure, you may be able to shave 8-10 months off your time spent flight instructing, but you'll be paying off those student loans for decades. You're making a wise decision. The state university system of Florida is extremely inexpensive (around $1600/semester), and UF is one of the nation's premier universities, public or private.

As someone who's attended all three universities in question (ERAU, FSU, and UF), I think you'll find the atmosphere of the public schools much more enjoyable in terms of diversity of the student body, an actual "collegiate feel," a nationally-renowned athletic tradition, and a better-than-50/50 male/female ratio.

A word of warning, however: you've been babied in that silly-ass aero sci program--be prepared for genuine collegiate academics in either the UF or FSU business programs. The pride in accomplishment is worth it, rather than having your grades given to to you.