View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by BDGERJMN View Post
In terms of advanced handling characteristics, its two fold. In most cases below 15K the Rhino will rate much better than a Hornet similarly configured. Maneuverability, hands down, goes to the Hornet. The Hornet is sorta like driving a Ferrarri while the Rhino would be the pickup truck...That said, I dont sweat gas in a Rhino whereas I'm always trying to make gas in the Hornet. They both do the same thing (minus APG-79, thats a game changer) in the grand scheme, the Rhino just does it with newer gear and more gas.
What he said. APG-79, especially as it's starting to mature, WOW. I mean really, it's mind blowing.

The Rhino is a pig most of the time compared to the Hornet until you pull the inboard pylons off. Pull them all off, and you're talking. A slick E (or with just the centerline) and a 50% fuel load is a monster, energy addition, turn rate, etc. Helmet and 9X just make it even more lethal. Mind you a 50% fuel load on internals over is still over 7K lbs of gas. A slick Alpha is great (or a Charlie with EPE motors), but the Rhino is starting to hit it's stride.

Originally Posted by ExAF View Post
I was about to wave the BS flag until I realized you weren't talking about the REAL Rhino (The Phabulous Phantom II) and were talking about that wannabe Rhino, the Superhornet. My bad...
We needed something to say behind the boat that wouldn't get confused with "Hornet" and risk getting the arresting gear weights screwed up. But hey if going fast in a straight line is all that counts, then yeah the Phantom has it beat!