View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 AM
PurpleTail
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by Left Coast MD11 View Post
Front end deadhead to TPE (24 hr layover in LAX, then business class on EVA to TPE the next day).

1. Can I deviate and not have to rebook if there are 2 separate reservations with a 24 hr inbetween the 2 flights?

2. I received an email from global travel that's says Im booked on a flight with only 2 classes (no first class) even though the flight is 14 hrs and is due 1st class ticket. I called global, and the girl said she "thought" I am able to book any first class flight as long as it is a direct flight LAX to TPE regardless of the price.

So, before I go book a $6000 ticket with only $3000 DH bank, I wanted to ask the experts before I start calling global travel again.

Any gotchas if I book a 1st class ticket on China Air instead of business on EVA?
You received the email because Global Travel is required to send you the letter per the CBA. DON'T FORGET, if you deviate , to print that email and you have to submit it with your expense report if you take the China Air flight.

I've done this trip multiple time and prefer China Air, only down side is that you are deviating and exposing yourself.