Thread: What job posting sites do you read?

mking84 , 03-28-2007 11:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off
mking84
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2006
  • Position
    EMB 145 FO
Quote: MKing84 I do not take offense at all I agree that everyone has their opinion. XJT is definitely a love or hate airline right now. I believe that they were the best regional just a few years ago. But so was Independence at the beginning. I had a prof at ERAU point out a great point about XJT. Their cost are one of the highest in the regional industry. CAL is going to slowly but surely replace them with cheaper flying (RAH, and various Dash operators), XJT will have difficulty lining up service when everyone else is able to do it cheaper. And branded flying in ERJs against SWA looks really risky.

I would love to see it all work for them. But I would not chance my aviation career with such a risk.

The other thing to remember is that a lot of pilots in the industry is rooting against XJT considering how poorly they treated others in the past. i.e, good cop/bad cop interviews that insulted a lot of people, and the we are a major while everyone else is below us.

I know for a fact that a CommutAir pilot was told he could not jumpseat on a XJT from CLE last week because C5 is stealing XJT flying. This has happened to RAH pilots recently also. Both these carriers have an all CAL family agreement that supersedes CASS. XJT must not be stealing anyones flying when they fly for DL out of LAX?

The number one thing on the list is reputation. And students/instructors are hearing these stories and in some cases XJT pilots are being bashed more than Mesa's Mgmt.

I really want to see XJT become a success since I have several friends there and most importantly my wife flies with them. Ask a senior person at XJT and they will tell you that XJT is too much a risk. Do not ask a FO, they are still drinking the company juice.
It sounds to me like somebody had a bad experience with XJT and is trying to persuade others. I went to Parks College (wish i didnt) and they fed everybody this midguided BS that led most of them to fly for emperor hulas. XJT far exceeds most regionals, and seeing them take 44 airplanes that were parked and do something with it is proactive, rather than furloughing pilots which is what most do...ie TSA.