Old 05-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
Ha, reminds me of a story from my last deployment. Never knew there was so much hatred toward airline talk (of course I work in a squadron full of airline pilots). I spent a few weeks working a "staff style" job with mostly AD guys. One day I was talking with a guy about the airlines, when an irritated Lt Col type made some comment about my discussion. Quite confused, my response was, flying for the airlines is my full time job...
I heard a rumor (I'm paraphrasing), that a certain Flag Officer recently said to a room full of pilots "everyone thinking about getting out, leave. We don't need you."

I never understood leadership crapping on guys wanting to move on. This is still a volunteer force right?

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
When asked what it would take to keep him in (by someone in his squadron leadership), he said the bonus would have to be $100k/yr for 5 years... Turned out good for him as he got into an AGR spot pretty quickly and is now on the 25k bonus!
Most guys I know had the same number in their head. If it was a retention tool, they would have adjusted it for inflation at some point in the last 20 years.