Old 06-05-2013, 11:43 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by yimke View Post
Even using a zero to hero program - They are usually stuck in the regionals for a good amount of time due to having no degree or need to complete one in today's market. If they have a degree already, then I count that as training toward your career path and equal to a doctor. Most doctors will minor in pre-med but will get their 4 year in something similar.
Sorry - I didn't realize you were narrowing your view of the *profession* to only major airline jobs requiring a 4 year degree.
From your first post I quoted it was pretty clear that you were saying hat regional pilots and doctors had similar paths:
Originally Posted by yimke View Post
Residency doctors earn average of 40k. That is the equivalent of the amount of time/training we put in out of flight instructing for 2 years to get into a regional. Plus if doctors lose their job in the future, they don't restart at the bottom! They pick up where their experience level will pay them.
If we are going to cherry pick parts of the profession to compare then - let's chose whatever medical speciality has the LONGEST residency to full qualification.

Where is Cardiomd user when you need him (her?) for specifics