View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 08:29 AM
untied
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Really View Post
I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. It involves many different programs CAL had going! The way many UAL pilots are thinking the program worked is that there is only one. Which is not true, there were 3 to 4 of them. First, Longevity/Seniority are two different issues. 1 program late 80's pilots accrued both Long/Sen. Then in later yrs mid to late 90's guys just accrued Long for pass travel only. Then, finally the last batch was just give pref interview. The only group that was given Sen. on the CAL Sen. list was late 80's guys. Not sure why guys are so hung up on this since pilots at CAL are ordered in SEN order to when they came to CAL except for some 80's CALEX hires to the 90 CAL hires. So if you took time on CAL property and readjusted CAL list with 80's CALEX and 90 hire's it would change CAL list but would not have real effect on SLI list since your replacing one group with the other!! Also, if you want to take time on property and hire date, do we go back to MID-80's(both sides) and adjust all their seniority? Or look at the furloughed guys(both sides) and adjust their longevity to time on property? Lots of ?'s! CAL's list is ordered in time on CAL prop. with exception to the 2 examples I gave above!
Thanks for the explanation.

It seems like the guys hired in the 1990's were definitely NOT building longevity credit at the mainline, but the 1980's guys might be a different story.

I read one opinion by our lead arbitrator that stated Express time does not count, but that was another merger.

August can't come soon enough. I'm sick of thinking about this!