Old 06-19-2013, 05:16 PM
exdashtrash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: CFIT cannot be logged as a landing?!

Originally Posted by DryMotorBoatin View Post
I'm going to guess around 15-20%. I've always said the number going to majors from regionals isn't as high as expected. The stagnation the past 15 years has lead to alot of guys with alot of longevity. They got kids in school or an exwife or two. They can't afford to give up that $100+ an hour. Or they don't want to give up weekends/holidays/4 weeks of vacation/furlough proof/etc. and lets be honest...there are some guys who couldn't take the hit to the ego of puttin on 3 stripes and swinging gear.
On that note, there are a bunch of guys I've flown with, even after being left seat for only a few years, who no way in HELL would be able to take direction from someone again. Their egos are simply too large and their bad habits too many. I listen to them talk about going to a major while I sit there thinking that there is no way their new employer/captains would tolerate the sh*t these guys get away with because they're currently setting the tone of the FD. Had one guy recently showing the jumpseater pics on his phone (he was PNF) on approach just after he got done talking about how he was applying at the JSer's company.