View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Da40Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Exclamation

Originally Posted by SriLanka View Post
I need an advice guys. I have 2 options left. Either Sacramento or Long beach.
1. Doing flying in skywalkinc and start degree program at CSUS or
2. Doing fling in long beach flight academy and start degree program at CSULB.

what is best? I'm really worrying about the cost. but considering both of above two options, what is worth?
Just wanted to give you advice on your last comment above. Don't do anything "fast track" unless you are expecting to start CFI'ing right away after you get your CPL. Since you're gonna be earning your degree on the side, I suggest you take your time with your ratings, so that the knowledge sticks to you over time rather than all at once, because you'll lose it just as fast as you gained it if you don't keep flying every single day.

In regards to the locations, I agree with the others, but I also caution you about cost of living. I started my IFR training in Long Beach, and it's a great place, HUGE airport (if you taxi from 25R to Signature you'll feel like you're taxiing at LAX because it takes forever to get to the FBO) but most importantly, the LA airspace is very complex and will get you top notch experience for your training, whereas Sacramento may not. I think it definitely helps your resume to have LA airspace in your first 250 hours.

With that being said, the cost of living in SoCal is pretty darn expensive, gas is expensive, and traffic sucks.

Hope this helped.