View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 07:01 AM
stickwiggler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Part 121, 135 & Military background

Originally Posted by Utah View Post
It's much more cost effective to transfer aircraft to SkyWest and have newhires at $19 an hour and year 3 captains at $63 or so than merge. The last thing management would want is a bunch of ****ed off union pilots with years and years of seniority and the additional cost that go along with that. It's much better to have a bunch of new guys with SJS that would do anything to fly a RJ.
My guess is you are a young SW pilot, and the idea of taking away the jobs of ASA pilots so SW can get more planes not only doesn't bother you, but is your hope. I'm just snow ballin here, but my guess is that after you have 10 maybe 15 years under your belt, that you will realize that is no way to do business.

But to address your theory directly, I am sure that is not the plan. Why? Because ASA/SW inc. has already (with our union negotiating comittee) agreed to language that would allow ASA pilots to Transfer to Skywest and keep their seniority for pay (just not for bidding) if the reduction in ASA fleet causes a furlough.

Last edited by stickwiggler; 04-05-2007 at 07:20 AM. Reason: add furlough statement