View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:49 PM
80ktsClamp
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by EMBFlyer View Post
From what I've seen at Airways, there is no specific CRM class. Threat and Error Management is built into everything we do. It starts from Day 2 (Day 1 is company introductions and paperwork). All around the training center, in every classroom and every briefing room, you see our TEM diagrams. We even have them in our Supplemental Binder (the binder we carry to supplement the ship sets). We were told that other airlines have used our TEM program as a model. I like it.

We wait on our numbers quite a bit, too. At some of the outstations it takes a while for them to put the numbers in so CLP (Central Load Planning) can send it out. If there are no major issues, as soon as the numbers are in the computer, the Final W/B is sent to the airplane. I waited 20+ minutes at the end of 22L in ORD last month for the ramp to put the bag numbers in. No one was answering on the radio and Dispatch and CLP couldn't get anyone on the phone. This was the middle of the afternoon in ORD. There were also 3 of us in the Block for 19 at DCA last month, all waiting on numbers. You're not alone. Normally, it's not too bad, but I have had to wait.
TEM is the newest evolution of CRM.

DL is also very big on it. When I got hired in 2007 they were trying to catch up to CAL who was considered the leader in the industry on it. It's not a bad thing at all... each briefing since they made that push includes "the greatest known threat and its mitigation." Do they do the "Time/No-time" umbrellas for yall?

I do tend to see US and AA waiting on numbers more than any other carriers. Ya'll will get along great!