Thread: More USAir pilots please read...

7576FO , 07-19-2013 08:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off
7576FO
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2007
  • Position
    737 CA MIA
aa73 gets me! He is right. I'm am venting and a little dramatic at times.

"aa73 is 10 years younger, 3"s taller and a much better dancer!"

We DO NOT have CRM at AA. That is a fact. While the HF human factors class is improving, it is BUNK!

On the 777 everyone i've flown with except 2, was great and exhibited fantastic CRM.

What aa73 does not know, is that for the last 4 weeks I've been working very hard via phone calls and emails to get IOE for new International co-pilots to South America. Right now the company only gives them a 2 day LAX domestic trip and then a 3 London trip. That's it, they are signed off for Carib and South America.
I've taken this to the VP Ops Chief Pilot TWICE, 4 check airmen, pro std's, 2 cheif pilots in MIA, training committees and ground school. And i'm not done.
I've also volunteered to audit the Int'l ground school ON MY DAYS OFF which would entail, non-reving to DFW and footing the hotel bill myself.

In addition i've posted a CRM'ish TO data chart for 777 pilots on our pilot message board.

I don't just post to complain or vent. I do something about it. I've actually suggested since we got rid of the 500' call "On speed, sink 700' "
that perhaps a "Spooled" call might work. Of course that was shot down quickly (pun intended).

I pass on Jepp issues to the Flt Office, and have even had the chiefs ask me to call IT for Jepps.
In 2006 I volunteer for Boeing and Jeppesen in Seattle to fly a 767-400 sim for the moving map technology ON MY DAYS OFF.

BTW back then in Nov 2006 estimates on a spread sheet I saw showed Jan 2007 EFB class 2 (II) savings for 2007 $21 million, too bad it wasn't implemented until Dec. 2012. Thats when i got my IPAD.

Trying to combine a CRM program, I once interrupted the HF class to show a UTUBE vid of a 757 takeoff and fly a downwind with the Capt side window open.

I've made numerous calls to Fatigue lady to try to help pilots on a fleet that I don't even fly anymore.

I'm posting and exchanging ideas and "how it works" reserve procedures wiht USAir pilots to hopefully improve our JBCA in the future.

I encourage ANY AND ALL USAir pilots to message me and ask any questions.

So, I hope that wasn't too Defensive, but I do things, I don't just criticize.
I'm not a person that wants Credit or my name on some hierarchy graph that they use so often at AA.

I am a simple ex-commuter pilot trying to improve things for the next guy.