Thread: Spirit QOL?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 08:05 PM
skybolt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by vandypilot View Post
How can you say insurance is up in the air due to obamacare when its part of our contract?
Because all insurance is up in the air because of the Affordable Healthcare Act. BTW, it is the Affordable Healthcare Act, not Obamacare. Calling it Democratcare or Pelosicare might be more appropriate.

Whatever. If you've not been paying attention, leading conservative commentators have stated that the Affordable Healtcare Act is incompatible with private healthcare. I made that statement based on numerous pundit reports that under the Affordable Healthcare Act, private insurance as we know it will eventually (sooner than later) cease to exist. Regardless of the contract language, if insurance that fits our contract is not available, I predict that the NMB and or other courts will allow our language to die. Finally, the contract is amendable in two years, I doubt that we will be able to maintain the current policy language without making serious concessions in other areas. As Doug always says, what are you willing to give up to get this (good insurance)?