Old 07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
wjl408
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: Director of Operations CE-750 Captain

Originally Posted by wjl408 View Post
I just started to work for a different Part 135 on demand charter company and apparently they feel that a company other than the charter company can sell tickets and charter the flight with the charter company. I explained that the "other company" had to have the authority to do so such as being a DOT Part 380 operator with economic authority to sell tickets and charter flights from Part 135 companies. I know as a Part 135 on demand we can fly less than 5 round trips scheduled and remain within the realms of our certificate. I need to find something in writing that states that what they are attempting to do is not legal and is libel to get them in trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Okay, I have the answer. A part 135 on demand operator can do less than 5 scheduled flight within a 7 day period selling seats, posting a schedule, departure times, destinations. Our POI would not commit and referred me to Atlanta legal and they directed me to the attorney that handles the South Florida FSDO matters and he said no problem but when I asked for something in writing the answer was no way. The only way to have anything in writing was to have him submit it to Washington and then the ruling would be published on their web site. Seems no one from the FAA will commit to answering any reg questions.