View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Slats
Banned

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Magpuller View Post
So I just had a pleasant phone call from my nephew who is at RAH. He gave me the rundown their latest negotiation issues and it seems that pilot group may now face yet another year of stagnation in the potential of getting "fiscally parked" by the NMB.

I started thinking or a bit of a crazy rant...

Isn't it time that a pilot group say the hell with the RLA and just walk consequences be dammed? I almost feel like until a pilot group RAH or otherwise does this the industry will continue the race to the bottom with no end in sight. The RLA is antiquated and the NMB is owned by Airline execs. Southing's gotta give.

So if they walked, they'd get sued right? Or the President could even order them back to work? They can't get arrested for refusing. And it's RAH that would sue the IBT but what if as a condition of returning to work the IBT simply said if you sue we won't come back? It seems to me the IBT would have BB over a barrel.

This is more of a thought experiment I suppose but those guys at RAH seem just about fed up enough to take drastic steps. Maybe it's about time a PG stand up to it al land collectively said.."no more."

Man....I'd love to see it happen. You guys all deserve more.
I agree but pilots are a bunch of "what if" type of pansies. The last walkout in the regional world was Comair. What mgt is doing to RAH pilots is disgraceful. The company claims it cannot pay its a labor a better rate because they don't have the money, yet RAH announced a 20+ million dollar profit this past quarter...