View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM
cardiomd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
Because a majority of us choose to base our opinions off of emotionally-charged, knee-jerk, reactionary information purported from politically-charged , radically-biased news/media outlets. A freedom of speech that has become a freedom of self-entitlement to voice one's opinion for the sake of voicing an opinion with little regard to fact, accuracy, or brevity.

It's amazing to me that with the volume of information readily available at our fingertips over the World Wide Web, for all intensive purposes, people seem more ignorant and intolerant than ever.
Excellent post. +1000. I'll buy you a beer, Deadhead, if we ever meet.

In times past people HAD to get their news from Walter Cronkite, or read something by Pulitzer. Something relatively balanced. Sure there were still some rags or tabloids, but larger news corporations were quite centrist. Now somebody can seek out whatever trash and read it to solely form "opinions," or spout out the same half-true (or not true) nonsense to no end.

I am now liberal hippie to the right wingers, and I am a conservative crock to the extreme left, but yet I haven't changed. Thoughtful discussion is quite rare (look at some of the posters here, or any web forum).