View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:47 AM
cac737
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: B747

Originally Posted by blastboy View Post
Thanks for the help. Ironically, I was up until 3am last night going over some clients' paper work. After reading your post, I can't imagine having a few hour layover after a 12 hour drive in the whale; the way I feel this morning, I wouldn't want to fly a 747 under this condition. I guess I'm not cutout for the freight thing but I could change my mind. Yeah, I'm kinda green on the "191" (121) stuff. I'm curious, How do you deal with the time zone changes? I don't even drive when I return from a country 14 times zones away. Too tired. LOL!
I think you miss-understood my "hours" explanation! Im not saying that after 12 hours of flying, you get like 3-4 hours, but instead get anywhere from 22-28ish or whatever hours. because you travel over many time zones and you may cross the international date line over the pacific, trying to keep relevance over days or local time can really confuse you, so you just keep track of Z time and leave it at that.
Personally i try and not think too much about time zones and eat when im hungry and sleep when im sleepy generally speaking.
Like i said, try out some other type of flying first and if after some time you arent bothered too much by long delays on the back end of the clock or dont mind going to work when its dark and going to sleep when its light out then this or any job might work for you.

Like any career field.....personally for me.....you must love what you do or at least really like it.......no matter how much $$$ you can make, its not worth it over the years if you are miserable doing it.

hope this helps.