Old 08-27-2013, 06:11 PM
mspano85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by Hobbit64 View Post
I have dealt with this infuriating dual rated dance for ~20 years and had to deal with the biases with both sectors (FW&RW) of aviation. The ignorant parts of both sectors have historically disregarded the worth of a category they don't understand/know. The bottom line is that it depends on; the bosses knowledge of aviation, your ability to sell your skills and airmanship, and of course- the insurance company.

My favorite story is applying for a FW CFII/MEI job and having a Part 61 flight school manager looking at my ~2300 hour (1700 RW/600 FW) resume and repeatedly tell me I only had 600 hours... BTW,~1400 of the RW time was in a AH-64A....1/3 was -64 IP time but this guy was dead set on disregarding all of it. really?? I'd taught PVT/Comm/Inst in airplanes before flying RW and I'd taught in the -64. I knew how to teach...grr still amazes me! I passed on the offer of $14/hr when others were paying $20/hr. Oh well, things worked out better for me.

Your best bet is to go talk to the owner and sell yourself. Heck, I'd offer a ride in the 300CBi/R-22 to the boss/owner. I love showing the better side of life to starchwing folks.

Oh yeah, get the CFI ASEL/AMEL/RH!!! It's worth it, not just financially.
Hobbit,
Train me how to fly an AH-64, please.

Thanks,
Martin