View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:50 AM
JohnnyG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by ace88 View Post
I just crossed a little mile stone (claps) . I was just wondering if there are any places that are hiring people with 500TT . I am willing to leave the country. And I kind of want to leave the country. But if it's here in the U.S. I don't have any problem with that either. I am a CFI and CFII. But I am really looking for a gig That can get me some Multi Engine time. And a lot of it since I don't want to get my MEI. Does anybody Have any leads?

Don't let it get your spirits down, but you are eliminated from most types of flying because of your hours. You don't meet 135 or 121 minimums here in the states. As for leaving: Where the US was once the world standard for certification, other countries are now sometimes more stringent.

There are lots of people with ATP mins met that can't find jobs out of country.

It happens all the time where someone with low hours outperforms their contemporaries by being the WHOLE pilot, not just having certificates and flight skills. Be professional, make friends and network everywhere you go, and stay in contact with those people. Buying pilots lunch and making them think you're someone they'd want to go on a trip with matters greatly right now.

Keep your FB clean of politics and personal drama, send friend requests to every pilot you meet and exchange contacts with. Eventually, someone will think of you when it's time to hire.

As a street hire, you're not likely to move anywhere near the front or middle of the long, long line with 500 hours.