View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 03:46 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Ftrooppilot View Post
Published Policy: About Our USO Centers | The Official USO Blog

Occasionally, donors who are veterans or military retirees contact us to tell us they couldn’t get into a USO airport facility because they didn’t have an active military ID card. We’ve thought about this a great deal, and as much as we’d like to open the doors to all those who have honorably served their nation and risked their lives for our freedom, we just don’t have the resources. We hope you will understand that we must focus our mission on serving the needs of those who need us most – active duty members of the military and their families. For 70 years, that’s been our mission.
I was in the SeaTac USO most recently. At one point they made an announcement that a large contingent of active duty may be coming, and if so, they would have to ask the retirees and such to vacate. I've got no problem with this. Active duty, or reservists on duty, should have first priority. My expereinces at USO have been very positive and I appreciate the effort. I wish I had had the opportunity to use them as an active duty member.