Thread: Vacancy Bid
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 08:18 AM
AxlF16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain

Originally Posted by Skyflyin View Post
That was too long birddog, and I'm tired of you guys crapping all over the CAL guys just for having a discussion so I'm not going to respond.

For a lot of the CAL guys the ISL has taken the last 3 or 4 years of advancement away from them and will lead to displacements, more training and pay cuts. I know you guys think that we should never have advanced in the first place, but let me ask you this. If you think we should have shared the advancements over the last 3 years, why do you think it's OK to take ALL the advancements over the last 3 or 4 years yourselves?

You think I'm full of BS I'm sure, so here is a quote from our merger committee so you know I'm not the only one thinking this:

"CAL pilots have returned to their seniority percentage from three years ago and the UAL pilots have gained virtually all of the block hour growth and fleet growth from the merger over the past three years."

Like I said, were not going to convince each other of anything so lets give it a rest.

Cue the "The arbs agreed with us, so we're right, nah nah nee nah nah"
Everything else that came from your merger committee was flawed, so why should I take this quote at face value?

Tell me - who's in the seats now? How long will it take to bring ISL seniority 'equilibrium' to the entire list?