View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Linebacker35
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Tomct View Post
VERY BAD DECISION ON THEIR PART! That 350-xtra-delay is not even going to compare to the 787. H3ll, it won't even be able to hold the jock of the 777...and its 12 years old!
What makes you say that? Do you have any reasoning behind that comment? For starters the large A350 will be far more advanced then the 777, simply because the A350 will utililze technology almost 2 decades more modern then the 777(Emirates is looking at already replacing their 777 fleet with... A350s!).

THe A350 may have a production delay which may infact help its cause. Airbus will have had 3-5 years extra time to utilize newer technologies(even a year makes a big differance when it comes to technology)
This delay wont hurt it sells to much I dont think. It is timed perfectly with the fleet renewels of US carriers who wernt ready when the 787 was initialy offered. Even though the 787 is being released sooner, the 787 production line is backed up for sometime, carriers ordering now can choose a 787 with slightly older technology or become a early customer for the A350 and still recieve their planes around the same time.(Though Im not totaly sure on the time table for rolling the 787 off the production line)

I have said it before Ill say it again. Boeing is so proud of their composite construction, while airbus said they will not use this new composite technique. Guess what the composite construction was what cost Boeing the JSF contract. Lockheed mainted traditional techniques.
Airbus has claimed the 787 is taking to many big leaps at once, similar to what they did with their JSF plane. Lockheed and Airbus took the Stick to what you know aproach, it paid off for locheed and I believe it will pay off for Airbus