View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Airway
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: It's still a Guppy, just a bit longer.

Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
Lets forget the fact that 80% of the applicants are coming from the regionals and those rodents have not proven they can fly our passengers and perform in the 121 environment. The skills test will help us determine if they can fly at all, because once you move over to a main line operations everything changes. Give me a break. In this day and age all the airlines have to do is a meet and greet and request ones training record from the regionals to evaluate an applicant. Seems to me a wast of time. Delta does the same ridiculous thing. As for the other people applying ie... Corporate, flight instructors and military I can see the reason for this process after all it's about customer service , CRM and working as a crew in the airline environment and understanding the airline work ethics. There is a lot of airline experience that has built up at the regional level thanks to 911 and the age 65 rule.
I agree with you. However they've got to do something to narrow that pool down. They can't interview 10,000 applicants.