Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:48 AM
KhalReblic23
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by Hovernut View Post
Do the folks TDY'd to Madrid get int'l per diem for the entire time they're OCONUS? Ninety days straight on the per diem clock would be a decent chunk of tax-free $$! What are the accommodations like at both ends of that run? What kind of hours are the pilots crediting for that assignment? I hear it's more of a regular schedule, not the 18-on one from Stateside.
The TDY has been readjusted for the next award. I believe they do pay the periderm the entire stretch (I will reverify as I am flying with a guy who just did it). However, they are adding another crew to the TDY roster and lowering the flying hours for everyone. This essentially means you can't make any extra money and that you will come close and/or just barely break guarantee. Before the main perk was banking 100hrs a month instead of 60.

Also, you must check out of your "home" lodgings every trip (including removing all personal belongings) for the entire 90 day period.

Essentially it is just a 90-day three month bid line now...just a TDY for namesake.

Source: I work here.