View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 10:47 AM
avbug

Originally Posted by edik
avbug,

Once again you made some good points. I guess it is all about where you grow up. I have always lived in big cities (St. Petersburg and Orange County). Orange County is much different from LA, I can see why you dint like it there. Personally I have never lived in LA, just Orange County (that is still SOCAL though). Obviously you got to give some in order to get something back, for example you have the ocean which attracts a lot of people. Resulting in small amount of wild life (unless you want to drive 3-6hrs). I guess it is all about the environment you go up in.

Edik
I can understand someone coming from a big city to lil ole GFK and not liking it, thats fine, BUT the ones who whine and moan ALL THE TIME really spool me up.

When I was living in GFK (I was raised about 45 miles west of GFK) I actually hated it, too cold, not enough to do (clubs etc) but I spent some time in other parts of the country and realized what a great place ND and the whole upper midwest is and came flying back at mach 2.

It is all personnal pref, and you will rarely hear anyone from GFK bash someone else about where they are from, can you say the same for the opposite? I think that in itself speaks volumes.

ps

I live on the atlantic ocean for almost 2 years, and I can say I really really liked it, BUT the trade off was a **** poor community and no place to raise a family. I also have a deal with sharks, they stay out of the bars, I stay out of the ocean. I haven't seen any sharks in the bar yet!

Last edited by avbug; 01-30-2006 at 10:49 AM.