Thread: Part 135 XC
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Vslo
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Wrong seat
Default More help with 135 XC logging please!

I know this thread has been deceased for a while, but I've been having trouble getting a solid answer about whether or not the CFI would be able to count the flight as 135 XC if the student did the landing.
This worries me because I rarely log landings for myself and I give them all to my students, often even if I did perform the landing. Not sure how/why this habit got started, probably because I don't keep track of my own landings. When I fill out my logbook every payday, I just throw a landing in once in a while to satisfy the 90-day currency requirement. I know many instructors who also do that.
Have I been robbing myself of 135 XC time? Should I go back through my logbook and try my best to fix it by guessing? (There are plenty of empty spaces in the landings row for me to do that; is that shady?) It seems that a 135 employer would need to see a landing there to count it since it's defined that way. Did I just answer my own question? New to APC so I apologize if this has been covered. Help!