Gets Weekends Off
pilotpayne
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2012
  • Position
    190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Quote: Also, two things thing to consider. No union has nothing to do with no money. Lots of non union airlines pay well, especially overseas. However, you don't realize how important a union is to you until you find yourself in a predicament where you're being forced to do something and you feel like you can't say no (ie exceeding a duty day, or not taking your full min rest, or missing a commute etc etc) for fear of termination.

The second thing I'll point out is working smart. I admire your desire to clean airplanes and cross seatbelts, but i think pilots should not be expected to do it, because we have more important things to do. Those things are not beneath us, that's not the point. The point is if your company is going to pull seats off an aircraft so they pay one less FA, and you're expected the pick up the slack, then you should be paid more. Self-worth is a big deal in this industry.

Since you know so much about JetBlue I think you missed the fact that pilots are not required to clean when operating a flight encouraged yes, required no.
If we non rev all crew are expected to help out.
Also they didn't get rid of the fa because they knew the pilots would help it was to create even more room between the seats which led to the even more product. (And it saves money)
I am not trying to be a dick but I can't help by reading some of your posts you are not a fan of the JetBlue model, which is fine but do a little more research about the things you think you know.