View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Grrrr
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

I got mine through ATP and instructed there after in Bowling Green. It is a very quick program but it's not that tough. They will send you a supplement with everything you need to know. If you do the program make sure you know that supplement when you show up and it will not be that tough, I was ready after a couple sim sessions and 4 hours in the seminole. Just make sure to know the flows/configs for all of the maneuvers and the systems. Nothing more frustrating than someone showing up for a fastpaced program having not looked at any of the study materials. ATP instructors do not have time to give hours and hours of ground while you are there. The only student I had that could not do it had all Cirrus time so he was unable to fly using the 6-pack and his hand flying skills were very much lacking bc he had constantly relied on auto-pilot when flying.

Bowling Green is a great place to train, it is a quiet uncontrolled field so no time is wasted bc of other traffic or getting in and out of the airspace. Last I heard they were not doing addons there anymore but that may have recently changed. Hope that helps and good luck!