Thread: 9E (Endeavor) or BK

jethikoki , 12-18-2013 06:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off
jethikoki
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2013
Quote: If such a thing exists, it is pretty bad for ALPA and our profession. ALPA, who has a duty to treat members equally, appears to have not done so. What about members at ASA, or more to the point, those at Comair who don't have jobs as senior Captains?

Further, the concept of "concessions for an unqualified interview" is terrible on the face of it.
Yes ALPA has a duty to be equal but it does not. It allows mainline pilots advantages over regional pilots. It has yet to be shown when a major buys a regional the outcome is positive for the regional pilots, I hope I am wrong. (SSP is NOT considered positive and I agree 100% what you say on it) We fly the same airspace and similar equipment or at least cockpits are similar. There is not a great divide between equipment like 20 or so years ago where most mainline heads still appear to be. I think you stated before about whose job ALPA considered to be protected and whose is unprotected. Is that fair and equal representation or who has the most money and influence over those that do not?

Seems like the system we have and ALPA supports is the majors can buy any or all the regionals and throw all the pilots to the streets and thats ok. After what AA did to TWA you cannot do that to another major. Is ALPA going to correct this and give us equal treatment?