View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 06:59 AM
Cubdriver

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

People lie when they have enough pressure on them to cause abandonment of values, which is why criminal confessions obtained under great pressure are not reliable. But with logbooks, there is no where near as much pressure to cause anything like that and freewill remains the strongest force at work. Some will always choose lie in no matter what, a few actually enjoy it, but most people value their integrity and are willing to work hard for it. I do not see much change in this case. A small one at most.

It took ten years of honest flight for my logbook to arrive at 1500 hours and every single hour was logged faithfully, something I am proud of. At one point I was unemployed and still short 90 hours of cross country time to meet ATP minimums, and even in that condition I chose to rent an airplane at $60 an hour and log the time honestly. The cost of that honesty was $5400. I would do it again even though my wage in airline work started at $25k a year and some people said I was nuts at the time.