View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 PM
sflpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
I would have posted a lengthy reply to you Blackhawk, but Josh said everything I was gonna say.

ASRS is great and is definitely better than nothing...but as a regular tool for modern airline pilots in contemporary times? No way! Between ASRS and ASAP, ASAP wins hands-down for its flight crew protections and active role in procedural change for safety.

In the P-56 example, you violate P-56 and file an ASRS and you will still get violated but may not lose your tickets for 120 days but you darn sure will get violated and that will show up on your record. Do the same and file an ASAP and the violation goes into a company ASAP file that nobody outside of you, the ASAP company, union and FAA reps will ever see and it will not show up on a PRIA check.
Don't confuse company protection through the union with FAA issues. THe FAA does not care if you have a union. Yes the ASAP records will be sealed, but I would be very careful about this because if you get a violation it could come up on a FAA certificate records check done by a company.