Thread: E190 Awards
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Lennon

Originally Posted by bluebrother
explain to me how JB is ignoring the concerns of the pilot group. if you look at the survey's from last year and see what JB is doing to correct those issue's, i would say management is 100% more responsive than any legacy or LCC carrier.

with the reality of THE INDUSTRY i.e. too many seats/price elasticity, we are not going to see a pay increase in the near future. remember, JB really did not make a profit in 4Q 2004 (it's called creative accounting). so to believe that WE DESERVE a raise, possibly to give it back (which the southwest pilots will have to do if oil stays above $50.00) is not wise, its foolish.

our reality today, is to have longevity. if we FOLLOW the typical ALPA mentality, we will end up like the UNITED, DELTA, USAIR, SOON TO BE NORTHWEST AND YES, SOON TO BE SOUTHWEST PILOTS. (if you dont believe me, study their last quarter earnings report)

I have looked at the results from last year, but those results are not relevant because they do not reflect the new wages and Pilot Agreement that was "mutually agreed upon" 6 months later. Further, can you tell me what exactly was changed as a result of last years survey? Because if you actually read it, you would know that it indicated there were few problems to be addressed. I have a feeling there will be a different story to tell next month.

As far as concerns, how about: 190 Pay, 401k match, changes to the scheduling guide without pilot input, modifying "minimum reserves" at will, abuse of reserve rules by scheduling, etc...did I mention 190 pay?

They only feedback I get is a few obscure and mysterious emails on occasion from the VC. Or, "if you don't like it, there are 10,000 resumes on file".

I'm more than happy to be patient and let things play out. DN and DB are great leaders and I understand their positions. But there is a certain hard-line attitude that has manifested itself in certain areas of management that was not here in the past. I think that's unfortunate, and I hope it changes.

Last edited by Lennon; 06-18-2005 at 10:51 AM.