View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 02:08 PM
captscott26
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by A320Flyer View Post
ALPA's clarification...

Q-32. A flightcrew member is on days off. Can the company call him for a flight assignment?

A-32. Yes. If the flightcrew member answers the call, the
company can assign him to flight duty. However, the
Company must give the flightcrew the required 10-hour
rest period and then place the crewmember on short call
reserve.

Nothing here says 10 hours rest from the time of the call to the time of the assignment.

Example:

I arrived Saturday night 23:00 local, and at 00:00 on Sunday I'm officially on a day off.... I then get called 11:00am Sunday for an JA. Well, I've been on rest for 12 hours. The minimum required rest since my last FDP has been provided (10 hours)... They then place me on a "11:00am RAP" for my future FDP determination and out to fly I go. They cannot assign JA me for a trip on the day off if they did not give me the required prior 10 hour rest.

Again, where does it say that one needs 10 hours from the time of the solicitation call to the assignment on a day off?
Look, your beef is with ALPA legal's interpretation, so go call national and argue with them. Just be aware that this is how most airlines have interpreted it. I don't get what the big deal is anyway...you want to work, put your name on the avail list and you are good to go. If you want to talk about this any further I'm sure you have my number.