View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by germb74 View Post
This question is for any new hires that have already started class:

Once the PRIA check is done (30-45 days after the interview), do they ever go back and do another check shortly before/after your training starts?

The reason I'm asking this is simple. I'm probably not looking at starting class until Sept-October timeframe as a rough guess based on what I've read. In the meantime, I may decide to bid over to another type at my current employer for the last 8-9 months of my employment. If Delta is done looking into my past after the "cleared to train" email comes in, then I don't mind exposing myself to a jeopardy training event. On the other hand, it's not worth the risk of losing the opportunity I now have by throwing myself in a sim if I have a bad day and Delta finds out about it later.

Was anyone asked to update their checkrides, speeding tickets, etc. after the background check was done but before indoc at Delta was over?
Just an observation but haven't you answered your own question? If it's a risk why would you put yourself in that situation for 8 or 9 months when thinking of the rest of your career? Is it worth that much more money? I waited until I was off probation to upgrade to FO from engineer. Why tempt fate? Just sayin'....

Denny (conservative by nature) Crane!!!!