trip trading freak
Pakagecheck
trip trading freak
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2010
  • Position
    MD-11
Quote: Would real-time trip trading eliminate the unfair advantage from bots? Probably not. Bots have changed the game, and from what I hear, it's virtually impossible for the company to tell who is and who's is not using them. Or the company doesn't care so long as the trips are covered. How about automated windows for processing open time? Every hour on the hour, every two hours, the open times trips are doled out according to whoever put the bid in and based on seniority. If the trip is time critical, i.e., shows within ninety minutes, then the trip goes to reserve. Junior guys won't like this ... until they have some seniority. But I can say as an airbus guy that perhaps the top thirty percent are awarded decent schedules from the bid pack, and the rest scramble month-to-month. In a seniority-based system, which is the proven fair method for pilots as a whole, why not add a little of that into the much coveted open time process?
A,
in the 11 OTP, is the game changer and the recycling of it. Bots could be out there, but IMHO they aren't. Not saying that at one time, this wasn't the case but not now. My IT bud said that it could be traceable. Since the Purple Inquisition, I know a couple of players that dropped out, or at least backed way off. If these few that are still hitting it hard, are doing it. It is gonna cost someone a career. Just my basic opinion.