View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 07:55 AM
drinksonme
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I believe the real background is APA is willing but they are wanting the EMB-175 brought back to the mainline.
I doubt this is the reason. Totally speculating here, but this an SLI and DFR issue in my opinion. Giving the 824 Eagle/Envoy pilots a seniority number today, opens up Pandora's Box tomorrow. How would they be ranked on the new list as they come over if given a number today? In front of all pilots hired tomorrow and beyond at AA/US, not just an AMR (formally) company? Imagine the last 824 person coming over in 5 years, but then going ahead of all pilot in class before them over the last 5 years, that would be an ugly dispute for APA. While I agree that the hold back of Eagle/Envoy pilots is flat out wrong, and probably calculated as punishment for rejecting the API, a seniority number only created another sub-set of pilots who require representation during SLI. Having to deal with USAPA is APA's biggest issue today. I know that sounds harsh, but after USAPA's actions, APA has to stay focused on the SLI, the requirements of the MOU and MB, arguing their case in a lawsuit as of yesterday, the NMB, and ultimately Single Carrier Status. That's a lot of relevant pressing issues today. Any further issue are put to the back burner, including the plight of Eagle/Envoy pilots.